30 May, 2017 by Christina Russell
This is the 2nd year that I have had the honor to be a blogger for/& attend the GFAFExpo in Atlanta, GA and I can already say that I can’t wait for next year’s event!
If you’ve read last year’s expo recap, you’ll know that this show is full of vendors, food and classes to educate and share with you new items on the market and new ways to handle the needs of those in the Celiac community, those with gluten sensitivities, auto-immune/inflammatory diseases and autism. (click here to read more about the expo)
Now that you’re in the know, I’d like to share some of the stand out vendors from this year’s show for this year’s recap post.
- BFree – Be Wheat & Gluten Free. BFree was the official blogger sponsor of this year’s show. They’re based in Ireland but have a few products here in the states and more on the way. My faves are their sweet potato wraps, stone baked pita brad and quinoa & chia seed wrap! To learn more visit their Instagram page here.
- Aleias – Love of Artisian Food. Have you ever heard the story about how a brand was created which was moving that it made you fall in love with their product all over again? That’s what happened when I met the owner of Aleias. Amazing story. Amazing product. Check them out here.
- Marilyn’s – All Gourmet. All Gluten Free. One of the biggest surprises for me was learning that Marilyn’s is LOCAL to Atlanta!! I couldn’t believe that they were so close to home and after getting to meet Marilyn, I am more in love with their products now more than ever! My favorite? The gluten-free cheese straws! Visit them on Instagram.
- Sunbutter – Sunflower Butter. Natural, simple, delicious and made from US grown sunflower seeds + free from all of the top 8 food allergens. Go getcha some: Sunbutter Instagram.
- Grab the Gold – The most balanced protein snack bar that tastes like a chocolate peanut butter oatmeal no-bake cookie. Oh yes, you need more of these in your life. Visit them on Instagram and then go buy a box (or 2).
- Enjoy the Life – This company has been a GAME CHANGER when it comes to gluten-free foods that actually taste good and was my absolute favorite at least year’s GFAFexpo. Besides their amazing allergy-friendly forest booth at the expo, my favorite was their new baking chocolate snack packs (where have you been all my life?!). Check them out here.
- gomacro – I have always been a fan of their Vegan certified protein bars, but this year I fell in love with their Blueberry Lavender Thrive Bar. O. M. G! Check them out on their Instagram page.
- perfectlyfree – Allergy-Friendly Frozen Treats. For the most amazing dessert bites you can sink your teeth into (with the lowest amount of sugar) visit their website and store locator here.
- Nima – Knowledge is Delicious. Nima reveals if your food is really gluten-free or not. Screen your meal before you eat with their product. Best part? They have an app which will keep you in the loop for all the restaurants other users have tested and rated. Check it out in detail here.
- GIG Atlanta – Gluten Intolerance Group. This is a local chapter of the Gluten Intolerance Group of North America. They empower the gluten-free community through consumer support, advocacy and education. To stay in touch with this chapter and to learn about meetings visit them on facebook.
- Namaste – Namaste Foods has always been one of my go-to gluten-free flours, but I was blown away when I learned they had soup too! Check out their line of products here.
There are still a 5 cities left in the 2017 GFAFExpo tour and 9 already booked for 2018. To get your tickets and learn more click here. I’ll see you all next year! xo
Have You Checked These Out Yet?
No comments yet.
Sorry, the comment form is closed at this time.