If you’re looking for a dead-simple way to beat the sweltering summer heat, give my Watermelon Slush Recipe a shot.
It’s got just three ingredients, and I guarantee it’ll cool you down faster than you can fry an egg on a hot sidewalk.
Now, before we get into the recipe, picture this…
In July of 2010, I was sitting on a breezy balcony overlooking the azure waters of Dream Beach – yes, that’s the real name – on a small island off the coast of Bali. Waves from the Pacific Ocean crashed onto the beach, sending gentle mists of sea spray my way.
(Just down the island from Dream Beach!)
The sun was hot as my friends and I took a break from pedaling our bikes around the tiny island of Nusa Lembongan. I ordered a delicious glass of cold watermelon juice to quench my thirst.
It was sweet, tart, and cold in the best of ways. Brain freeze is a definite possibility!
I don’t know if it was the beach, the waves, the watermelon or what…
…but when I got home from that 2-1/2 week trip, I knew I had to recreate that little bit of watermelon slush heaven.
Now, here’s a fun factoid for you:
This Watermelon Slush recipe was the first-ever recipe I posted on Stupid Easy Paleo. That’s right…the inaugural recipe that started this whole crazyawesome thing!
And like a lot of my very early recipes, frankly, this one needed some updating. I’m not too proud to admit that Stupid Easy Paleo has been an absolute work in progress, one big experiment, since day one.
I’ve learned a TON about what makes for a good blog and drool-worthy photos since 2011…
…but I always keep the original photos around so you really get that you don’t have to be perfect to start off.
Here’s the original:
And if you’re into this watermelon slush idea, check out my Kombucha Slushie recipe.
cups chopped seedless watermelon
Juice of 1 lime
cup ice cubes (about 6 ice cubs from a standard tray)
- Place the watermelon, lime juice, and ice cubes in a high-powdered blender (I have a Vitamix).
- Blend on high until it has the consistency of a slushie.
- Enjoy immediately. Garnish with a piece of watermelon and a lime wedge if you wanna get fancy.
- 1/2 small seedless watermelon (or use seeded if your blender/Vitamix can handle the seeds), approx. 2 cups
- 1 large lime
- Trim the rind off the watermelon. Rough chop. Put the watermelon in a blender or [url href=”http://amzn.to/Hj6lRr” target=”_blank”]Vitamix[/url]
- Squeeze the juice of one lime into the blender.
- Add ~6 ice cubes*.
- Whiz until it has the consistency of a frozen margarita (sans alcohol so Paleo-friendly).
- Pour and garnish like a fancy chef or just put in a straw and enjoy.
- *This is dependent on the strength of your blender.
Pin this Watermelon Slush Recipe for later!